- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards $10.4 Million in Grants for Early Childhood Teacher Preparation Programs Across the U.S.
June 3, 2021
Six partnerships between institutions of higher education and states or tribal nations will bolster early educator preparation programs, break down systemic barriers to higher education for people of color, and increase financial assistance and compensation for students studying to be early educators.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- May 2021 Webinars: Learn About YSP & Strengths-Based Research
April 19, 2021
2022 Young Scholars Program LOI Webinar: A Review of the Process This informational webinar covers the required Letter of Intent (LOI) process for the 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals.
- 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 13, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2022 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- We Condemn Anti-Asian Violence and Hate
March 23, 2021
The horrifying mass murders that occurred in Atlanta, Georgia last week are a painful reminder of the recent rise in anti-Asian violence in America.
- Peer Interaction has the Power to Strengthen Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
March 9, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New, York, NY — New research by New York University finds that a combination of formal and informal professional development (PD) for early childhood educators has the potential to strengthen New York City’s early care and education (ECE) workforce.