- Strengthening the Diversity and Quality of the Early Care and Education Workforce
August 10, 2021
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a vital role in promoting young children’s learning, socio-emotional development, and positive child outcomes.
- A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade)
July 15, 2021
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) co-authored a new guidebook, Leading Learning Communities: A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade), with the National P – 3 Center at the University of Colorado Denver.
- The Board of the Foundation Announces Upcoming CEO Transition
June 29, 2021
“On behalf of the Board, we are thankful for the dedication of Dr. Jacqueline Jones to the Foundation for Child Development throughout her tenure as President and CEO. It has been an honor to work with Dr. Jones and support her steadfast leadership.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards $10.4 Million in Grants for Early Childhood Teacher Preparation Programs Across the U.S.
June 3, 2021
Six partnerships between institutions of higher education and states or tribal nations will bolster early educator preparation programs, break down systemic barriers to higher education for people of color, and increase financial assistance and compensation for students studying to be early educators.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- May 2021 Webinars: Learn About YSP & Strengths-Based Research
April 19, 2021
2022 Young Scholars Program LOI Webinar: A Review of the Process This informational webinar covers the required Letter of Intent (LOI) process for the 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals.