- Remembering Dr. Ruby Takanishi, Former President/CEO of the Foundation for Child Development
August 11, 2020
It is with deep sadness and enormous gratitude, that the Foundation for Child Development reflects on the 1996 – 2012 leadership of former President/CEO Dr. Ruby Takanishi.
- Getting it Right Webinars
July 2, 2020
2020 SUMMER SERIES This three-part Getting it Right Webinar Summer Series highlights key takeaways from the Foundation for Child Development’s new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education
June 22, 2020
The Foundation for Child Development is proud to present its new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- We Demand Justice for Early Childhood Educators
June 2, 2020
COVID-19, health disparities, and the ongoing killings of black people have highlighted decades of pain and injustice against people of color in general and African Americans in particular.
- An Essential Guide of COVID-19 Resources
May 19, 2020
The well-being of early care and education (ECE) professionals and those they serve should be at the forefront of the response to COVID-19. The following COVID-19 resources contribute to a shared understanding of how to support the growing economic, health, and social-emotional needs of the ECE workforce and of young children and their families.
- A Pivotal Time to Act on Reducing Child Poverty as the Nation Responds to COVID-19
May 5, 2020
COVID-19 has reminded us that vulnerable populations are disproportionately affected by many challenges, including this crisis.
- A Message From Our President & CEO: Foundation for Child Development’s Response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020
Dear Colleagues and Partners, New developments about the implications of the coronavirus, COVID-19, seem to unfold by the hour, and the past few weeks have proved to be challenging.
- Resilience and Risk at the Intersection of Immigration and Child Well-Being: Research Insights From the Young Scholars Program
January 31, 2020
For more than a decade, the Foundation for Child Development, through the Young Scholars Program (YSP), funded studies about the early education, health, and well-being of children from low-income, immigrant families.