- First Large-Scale Study Finds Child Care, Coupled with Infection Mitigation Efforts, is Not Associated With Spread of COVID-19
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New Haven, CT (October 14, 2020) — Amidst ongoing debates over the safety of schools and child care, researchers at Yale University collaborated with Child Care Aware of America to conduct the first-ever large-scale assessment of the risk of working in child care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Essential Family Child Care Industry Revealed in New Research From Erikson Institute
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Chicago, IL (October 29, 2020) — Erikson Institute has released a new report from its Herr Research Center: Family Child Care Providers: Unsung Heroes in the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards Grants in Response to COVID-19
October 5, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced $660,000 in awards the Child Care Relief campaign, Raising Child Care Fund, Urban Institute, and Yale University’s Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.
- Remembering Dr. Ruby Takanishi, Former President/CEO of the Foundation for Child Development
August 11, 2020
It is with deep sadness and enormous gratitude, that the Foundation for Child Development reflects on the 1996 – 2012 leadership of former President/CEO Dr. Ruby Takanishi.
- Getting it Right Webinars
July 2, 2020
2020 SUMMER SERIES This three-part Getting it Right Webinar Summer Series highlights key takeaways from the Foundation for Child Development’s new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education
June 22, 2020
The Foundation for Child Development is proud to present its new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- We Demand Justice for Early Childhood Educators
June 2, 2020
COVID-19, health disparities, and the ongoing killings of black people have highlighted decades of pain and injustice against people of color in general and African Americans in particular.