- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- May 2021 Webinars: Learn About YSP & Strengths-Based Research
April 19, 2021
2022 Young Scholars Program LOI Webinar: A Review of the Process This informational webinar covers the required Letter of Intent (LOI) process for the 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals.
- 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 13, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2022 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- We Condemn Anti-Asian Violence and Hate
March 23, 2021
The horrifying mass murders that occurred in Atlanta, Georgia last week are a painful reminder of the recent rise in anti-Asian violence in America.
- Peer Interaction has the Power to Strengthen Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
March 9, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New, York, NY — New research by New York University finds that a combination of formal and informal professional development (PD) for early childhood educators has the potential to strengthen New York City’s early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- Research Evidence for Social Justice
January 26, 2021
In 1965, the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. told a crowd in Selma, Alabama that the waiting time for social justice should not be long because “no lie can live forever.” On January 6, 2021, the act of insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, demonstrated that as long as a lie lives, no one is free — not even the men and women of the U.S. Congress.
- Grantee Spotlight: The RISER Network is Shifting the Narrative About Black Children
December 16, 2020
A new network of scholars is working to change the narrative about Black children in research.
- New Research on the Early Care and Education Workforce
December 8, 2020
The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced the launch of three new research reports that provide a nationwide analysis of trends, gaps, and opportunities facing early educator preparation programs and state competency and compensation policies.