- Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of ECE Practitioners
June 7, 2022
The Foundation for Child Development is excited to announce the release of Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of ECE Practitioners.
- Dr. Cynthia García Coll: Frameworks, Perspectives, & Relevance for Today
May 2, 2022
Dr. Cynthia García Coll is a champion in the field of developmental psychology.
- Announcing President and Chief Executive Officer Job Opportunity
April 20, 2022
Building on a distinguished 120-year legacy as one of the nation’s oldest private foundations committed solely to the wellbeing of children, the Foundation for Child Development (the Foundation) enhances the lives of children from birth to eight years of age by driving and translating innovative research leading to systemic changes in policy and practice.
- 2023 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 7, 2022
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2023 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- Dr. James P. Comer: His Work & Relevance for Today
March 15, 2022
Dr. James P. Comer is a leading child psychiatrist who has served as the Maurice Falk Professor of Child Psychiatry at the Yale Child Study Center since 1976.
- New Research on the History of Racial Inequities in ECE Workforce Compensation, Preparation, and Stability
March 11, 2022
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action As a member of The Early Educator Investment Collaborative, the Foundation is pleased to share the report, Mary Pauper: A Historical Exploration of Early Care and Education Compensation, Policy, and Solutions.
- Teacher Insights on Early Childhood Assessment
March 1, 2022
New research explores teacher perspectives on assessment in early learning and how assessment practice can be strengthened to improve implementation.
- Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III: The Man, The Mindset, & Relevance for Today
February 3, 2022
As a psychologist, teacher, and historian, Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III (1933 – 2007) was a preeminent scholar whose research influenced the fields of education, child development, and social policy.