- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards Grants in Response to COVID-19
October 5, 2020
Eight-foundation coalition gives $660,000 to groups supporting Black, Indigenous, and Latinx early childhood educators, and policies that improve their livelihoods Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced $660,000 in awards the Child Care Relief campaign, Raising Child Care Fund, Urban Institute, and Yale University’s Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.
- Remembering Dr. Ruby Takanishi, Former President/CEO of the Foundation for Child Development
August 11, 2020
It is with deep sadness and enormous gratitude, that the Foundation for Child Development reflects on the 1996 – 2012 leadership of former President/CEO Dr. Ruby Takanishi.
- Getting it Right Webinars
July 2, 2020
2020 SUMMER SERIES This three-part Getting it Right Webinar Summer Series highlights key takeaways from the Foundation for Child Development’s new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education
June 22, 2020
The Foundation for Child Development is proud to present its new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- We Demand Justice for Early Childhood Educators
June 2, 2020
COVID-19, health disparities, and the ongoing killings of black people have highlighted decades of pain and injustice against people of color in general and African Americans in particular.
- An Essential Guide of COVID-19 Resources
May 19, 2020
The well-being of early care and education (ECE) professionals and those they serve should be at the forefront of the response to COVID-19. The following COVID-19 resources contribute to a shared understanding of how to support the growing economic, health, and social-emotional needs of the ECE workforce and of young children and their families.
- A Pivotal Time to Act on Reducing Child Poverty as the Nation Responds to COVID-19
May 5, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action COVID-19 has reminded us that vulnerable populations are disproportionately affected by many challenges, including this crisis.