- Teacher Insights on Early Childhood Assessment
March 1, 2022
New research explores teacher perspectives on assessment in early learning and how assessment practice can be strengthened to improve implementation.
- A Time Use Study of Site Support Personnel in NYC’s UPK Program
October 7, 2021
New study highlights the complexity and importance of early childhood education site support personnel in advancing quality program implementation Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) examined the critical role of New York City’s pre-kindergarten (pre-K) site support personnel and what they need to further assist program leaders and educators to provide quality early learning.
- A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade)
July 15, 2021
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) co-authored a new guidebook, Leading Learning Communities: A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade), with the National P – 3 Center at the University of Colorado Denver.
- First Things First! Creating the New American Primary School
October 18, 2016
This book by the Foundation for Child Development’s Past President Ruby Takanishi challenges policymakers, educators, reformers, and citizens to envision a different way of structuring primary schooling by integrating early education with primary education.
- Subprime Learning: Early Education in America Since the Great Recession
July 17, 2014
- Helping Parents, Helping Children: Two-Generation Mechanisms
July 16, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 24, Number 1 Spring 2014) assesses past and current two-generation programs.
- Promoting Two-Generation Strategies: A Getting Started Guide for State and Local Policy Makers
October 11, 2013
Promoting Two-Generation Strategies: A Getting Started Guide for State and Local Policy Makers is the latest Dual-Generation publication from The Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources, in the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.