- First Things First! Creating the New American Primary School
October 18, 2016
This book by the Foundation for Child Development’s Past President Ruby Takanishi challenges policymakers, educators, reformers, and citizens to envision a different way of structuring primary schooling by integrating early education with primary education.
- Subprime Learning: Early Education in America Since the Great Recession
July 17, 2014
- Helping Parents, Helping Children: Two-Generation Mechanisms
July 16, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 24, Number 1 Spring 2014) assesses past and current two-generation programs.
- Promoting Two-Generation Strategies: A Getting Started Guide for State and Local Policy Makers
October 11, 2013
Promoting Two-Generation Strategies: A Getting Started Guide for State and Local Policy Makers is the latest Dual-Generation publication from The Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources, in the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.
- PreK-3rd’s Lasting Architecture: Successfully Serving Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students in Union City, New Jersey
September 12, 2013
Union City Public Schools has overcome the crippling effects of poverty and prejudice to close the achievement gap between its low-income Hispanic students and their wealthier peers across New Jersey.
- PreK-3rd: Challenging Common Myths About Dual Language Learners, An Update to the Seminal 2008 Report
August 13, 2013
Since 2008, when the first edition of Challenging Common Myths About Young English Language Learners was published, knowledge of how children acquire two languages during the PreKindergarten through Third Grade years and the positive consequences of growing up with more than one language has greatly advanced.
- Framework for Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating PreK-3rd Grade Approaches
July 30, 2013
The Framework for Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating PreK-3rd Grade Approaches is intended to be referenced and used over an extended period of time for reflection, self-evaluation, and improvement of PreK-3rd grade efforts.