- Building and Supporting an Aligned System: A Vision for Transforming Education Across the Pre-K-Grade Three Years
July 18, 2011
This report, Building and Supporting an Aligned System: A Vision for Transforming Education Across the Pre-K-Grade Three Years, by the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) Foundation’s Task Force on Early Learning, offers ten recommendations for building an aligned system of early learning for children from age three to eight.
- Linking Learning: The PreK-3rd Path to School Success
March 31, 2011
Giving children high-quality PreKindergartenl is the first step in the journey to school success.
- PreK-3rd: Raising the Educational Performance of English Language Learners (ELLs)
January 10, 2011
PreK-3rd Policy to Action Brief: #6 In 1974, the United States Supreme Court ruled in Lau v. Nichols that 1,800 Chinese-speaking children in the San Francisco public schools were entitled to English-language instruction or other support to help them understand what was happening in their classrooms.
- PreK-3rd: Policy Briefs
November 18, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development’s PreK-3rd Policy to Action Briefs seek to promote the idea of PreK-3rd and to provide guidance for its implementation.
- Many Missing Pieces: The Difficult Task of Linking Early Childhood Data and School-Based Data Systems
October 6, 2010
The brief, Many Missing Pieces: The Difficult Task of Linking Early Childhood Data and School-Based Data Systems, urges states to take steps to gather and integrate information from the full array of early childhood programs such as Head Start, childcare, and a fuller range of social services.
- First Things First: Pre-kindergarten as the Starting Point for Education Reform
July 6, 2010
This Annual Report features an excerpt from an article by education writer Gene Maeroff, that focuses on universal Prekindergarten (UPK). Maeroff discusses the importance of UPK as part of an essential educational experience for all children.
- PK-3 Education: Programs and Practices that Work in Children’s First Decade
June 18, 2010
Arthur Reynolds, Katherine Magnuson, and Suh-Ruu Ou synthesize evidence on the contribution of PK-3 programs and practices to children’s school success.
- Closing the Achievement Gap Through Expanded Access to Quality Early Education in Grades PK-3
June 17, 2010
This brief summarizes research on the benefits of PK and PK-3. It also makes specific recommendations on what the federal government can do to promote PK-3. Visit New America Foundation Early Education Initiative.