- America Should Have Zero Tolerance for the Damage Being Inflicted on Immigrant Children
June 27, 2018
The Foundation for Child Development strongly opposes immigration policies that inflict harm upon children by severing familial bonds which threatens their well-being and emotional security.
- Children’s Experience with Parental Employment Insecurity and Family Income Inequality
February 6, 2017
In research commissioned by the Foundation for Child Development — “Children’s Experience with Parental Employment Insecurity and Family Income Inequality” — Donald J. Hernandez and Jeffery S. Naprierala have created the Index of Parental Employment Insecurity to provide a more accurate picture of the economic health of families and to invest in children’s development.
- Promoting Two-Generation Strategies: A Getting-Started Guide for State and Local Policy Makers (Revised and Updated)
October 18, 2016
This is a revised and updated version of the 2013 Getting-Started Guide providing new insights and lessons learned in designing and implementing two-generation strategies, especially those with a strong education and workforce orientation.
- Parenting Matters: Supporting Parents of Children Ages 0-8
October 18, 2016
This National Academies of Sciences Report assesses the research on parenting knowledge, attitudes, and practices associated with positive developmental outcomes in children birth through age eight.
- Helping Parents, Helping Children: Two-Generation Mechanisms
July 16, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 24, Number 1 Spring 2014) assesses past and current two-generation programs.
- Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children
July 9, 2014
Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children is the second in a series of the Foundation for Child Development’s Disparities Among America’s Children reports.
- Investing in Children and Parents: Fostering Dual-Generation Strategies in the United States
November 8, 2011
At the Annual Research Conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM) Christopher T. King with Tara C. Smith and Robert W. Glover presented on Investing in Children and Parents: Fostering Dual-Generation Strategies in the United States.
- Two-Generation Strategies and Involving Immigrant Parents in Children’s Education
January 26, 2011
Abstract Intervening in the parent generation can improve current and future prospects in the child generation.