- Social Justice for Young Children: Introducing FCD’s Conversation Series
September 12, 2023
The Foundation for Child Development works at the nexus of research, policy, and practice to improve the lives of young children.
- Join us at SRCD 2023 Biennial Meeting!
March 9, 2023
The Foundation for Child Development is excited to share featured events at the upcoming Society for Research in Child Development’s 2023 Biennial Meeting, which will be held March 23-25 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- A Transformative Vision for the Authentic Inclusion of FCC in Mixed-Delivery Pre-K Systems
January 24, 2023
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Erikson Institute’s Pre-K in Family Child Care Project (PKFCC) promotes opportunities to ensure equitable access to high-quality early learning settings for children and families.
- New Bipartisan Policy Center Resources: Strengthening Early Care and Education Systems and Reducing Child Poverty
September 23, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is committed to ensuring that all young children thrive, especially through the promotion of high-quality early care and education systems and the socioeconomic well-being of families.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- We Condemn Anti-Asian Violence and Hate
March 23, 2021
The horrifying mass murders that occurred in Atlanta, Georgia last week are a painful reminder of the recent rise in anti-Asian violence in America.
- Research Evidence for Social Justice
January 26, 2021
In 1965, the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. told a crowd in Selma, Alabama that the waiting time for social justice should not be long because “no lie can live forever.” On January 6, 2021, the act of insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, demonstrated that as long as a lie lives, no one is free — not even the men and women of the U.S. Congress.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Essential Family Child Care Industry Revealed in New Research From Erikson Institute
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Chicago, IL (October 29, 2020) — Erikson Institute has released a new report from its Herr Research Center: Family Child Care Providers: Unsung Heroes in the COVID-19 Crisis.