- Equity is Advanced When Principles for High-Quality Early Learning are Developmentally Appropriate, Culturally Relevant, and Linguistically Responsive
November 10, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New York, NY (November 10, 2020) — New research from The City College of New York (CUNY) and Teachers College at Columbia University illustrates seven principles of practice that offer an expanded definition for “high-quality early learning.” They recognize the promise and possibility of children’s lives, ensuring that the lived experiences of those who have historically been underserved and the growing numbers of multilingual children and children of color in our country are represented in their learning environments.
- First Large-Scale Study Finds Child Care, Coupled with Infection Mitigation Efforts, is Not Associated With Spread of COVID-19
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New Haven, CT (October 14, 2020) — Amidst ongoing debates over the safety of schools and child care, researchers at Yale University collaborated with Child Care Aware of America to conduct the first-ever large-scale assessment of the risk of working in child care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Essential Family Child Care Industry Revealed in New Research From Erikson Institute
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Chicago, IL (October 29, 2020) — Erikson Institute has released a new report from its Herr Research Center: Family Child Care Providers: Unsung Heroes in the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards Grants in Response to COVID-19
October 5, 2020
The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced $660,000 in awards the Child Care Relief campaign, Raising Child Care Fund, Urban Institute, and Yale University’s Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.
- Remembering Dr. Ruby Takanishi, Former President/CEO of the Foundation for Child Development
August 11, 2020
It is with deep sadness and enormous gratitude, that the Foundation for Child Development reflects on the 1996 – 2012 leadership of former President/CEO Dr. Ruby Takanishi.
- Getting it Right Webinars
July 2, 2020
2020 SUMMER SERIES This three-part Getting it Right Webinar Summer Series highlights key takeaways from the Foundation for Child Development’s new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.
- Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education
June 22, 2020
The Foundation for Child Development is proud to present its new publication, Getting it Right: Using Implementation Research to Improve Outcomes in Early Care and Education.