- Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of Implementation Researchers
November 18, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is excited to announce the release of Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of Implementation Researchers.
- A Time Use Study of Site Support Personnel in NYC’s UPK Program
October 7, 2021
New study highlights the complexity and importance of early childhood education site support personnel in advancing quality program implementation Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) examined the critical role of New York City’s pre-kindergarten (pre-K) site support personnel and what they need to further assist program leaders and educators to provide quality early learning.
- New Bipartisan Policy Center Resources: Strengthening Early Care and Education Systems and Reducing Child Poverty
September 23, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is committed to ensuring that all young children thrive, especially through the promotion of high-quality early care and education systems and the socioeconomic well-being of families.
- Strengthening the Diversity and Quality of the Early Care and Education Workforce
August 10, 2021
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a vital role in promoting young children’s learning, socio-emotional development, and positive child outcomes.
- A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade)
July 15, 2021
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) co-authored a new guidebook, Leading Learning Communities: A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade), with the National P – 3 Center at the University of Colorado Denver.
- The Board of the Foundation Announces Upcoming CEO Transition
June 29, 2021
“On behalf of the Board, we are thankful for the dedication of Dr. Jacqueline Jones to the Foundation for Child Development throughout her tenure as President and CEO. It has been an honor to work with Dr. Jones and support her steadfast leadership.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards $10.4 Million in Grants for Early Childhood Teacher Preparation Programs Across the U.S.
June 3, 2021
Six partnerships between institutions of higher education and states or tribal nations will bolster early educator preparation programs, break down systemic barriers to higher education for people of color, and increase financial assistance and compensation for students studying to be early educators.