- Diverse Streams: African Migration to the United States
May 8, 2012
Diverse Streams: African Migration to the United States is one of eleven research papers published by The Migration Policy Institute’s (MPI) National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy that examines the well-being and development of children in Black immigrant families from birth to age 10.
- A Demographic Profile of Black Caribbean Immigrants in the United States
May 8, 2012
A Demographic Profile of Black Caribbean Immigrants in the United States is one of eleven research papers published by The Migration Policy Institute’s (MPI) National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy that examines the well-being and development of children in Black immigrant families from birth to age 10.
- A Dual-Generation Strategy: Using Technology to Support Learning for Children and for Families
April 13, 2012
In this paper, Foundation for Child Development Young Scholar, Ariel Kalil finds that recent advances in technology and innovation hold great promise for promoting dual-generational educational skills.
- Starting Early with English Language Learners, First Lessons from Illinois
April 13, 2012
This policy paper from the New America Foundation, Starting Early With English Language Learners, First Lessons from Illinois, focuses on Illinois’ approach to teaching English Language Learners (ELLs) which begins in PreKindergarten.
- Dual-Generation Strategy Initiative Research Brief
February 29, 2012
In partnership with the Foundation for Child Development, the Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources, in the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin, is leading a Dual-Generation Strategy Initiative.
- Investing in Children and Parents: Opportunites and Challanges Facing Dual-Generation Strategies in the US
November 8, 2011
This PowerPoint presentation on Dual-Generation strategies was given at the Annual Research Conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM) by Christopher T. King with Tara C. Smith and Robert W. Glover.
- Getting on Track Early for School Success: The STEP Assessment System to Support Effective Instruction (PreK-3rd)
October 20, 2011
Technical Reports Creating an Assessment of Literacy Skills for Three- and Four-Year-Olds Creating an Assessment of Math Skills for Three- and Four-Year-Olds These technical reports document the development of a continuous diagnostic and assessment system based on research on the developmental pathways in children’s learning of literacy and math to guide instruction.
- New American Children Key Resources
October 13, 2011
The Foundation for Child Development’s New American Children (NAC) initiative builds knowledge about the well-being of children living in low-income immigrant families, how best to nurture and educate our newest Americans, and how to foster evidence-based policies and practices to enhance their life prospects.These key resources aim to inform policymakers, educators, researchers, and others about NAC issues.