- New Research on the History of Racial Inequities in ECE Workforce Compensation, Preparation, and Stability
March 11, 2022
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action As a member of The Early Educator Investment Collaborative, the Foundation is pleased to share the report, Mary Pauper: A Historical Exploration of Early Care and Education Compensation, Policy, and Solutions.
- Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III: The Man, The Mindset, & Relevance for Today
February 3, 2022
As a psychologist, teacher, and historian, Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III (1933 – 2007) was a preeminent scholar whose research influenced the fields of education, child development, and social policy.
- A Time Use Study of Site Support Personnel in NYC’s UPK Program
October 7, 2021
New study highlights the complexity and importance of early childhood education site support personnel in advancing quality program implementation Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) examined the critical role of New York City’s pre-kindergarten (pre-K) site support personnel and what they need to further assist program leaders and educators to provide quality early learning.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.
- We Demand Justice for Early Childhood Educators
June 2, 2020
COVID-19, health disparities, and the ongoing killings of black people have highlighted decades of pain and injustice against people of color in general and African Americans in particular.
- Transforming the Financing of Early Care and Education: A Multimedia Guidebook
April 9, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The early care and education (ECE) field is paying special attention to elevating the educational requirements of early educators and simultaneously increasing compensation.
- Power to the Profession Task Force’s Decision Cycles 3-5
April 9, 2018
Unifying and strengthening the early childhood workforce may be the single most important step towards closing the opportunity/achievement gap.