Co-sponsored by Representative Mike Castle (R-DE) and Representative Bobby Scott (D-VA), The New America Foundation and the Foundation for Child Development hosted An Ounce of Prevention: How Early Efforts for Education, Health and Safety Make a Critical Difference in the Well-Being of Children, on Tuesday, September 9, 2008, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., at the Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2168, Capitol Hill.
Using the 2008 Foundation for Child Development Child Well-Being Index (CWI), the forum focused on current trends affecting the status of children and preventative strategies for enhancing child well-being.
- The Honorable Bobby Scott (D-VA), U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Mike Castle (R-DE), U.S. House of Representatives
- Jessica Black, Executive Director, Campaign to End Obesity
- David Kass, President, Fight Crime: Invest in Kids
- Sara Mead, Interim Director, Education Policy Program, New America Foundation
- David Gray, Director, Workforce and Family Program, New America Foundation
Watch the video.