We believe that the quality of early care and education and the strongest outcomes for children depend on a competent, appropriately compensated, and supported workforce.
- Advancing the Profession
- Critical Role of Leadership
- Quality of Professional Practice
- Preparation & Continuous Professional Learning
High-quality early care and education comes from intentional alignment and coordination of multiple systems based on research and knowledge of what works.
- Place-Based Approaches
- Birth-through-8 Continuum
- Financing Early Childhood Education
- Family Engagement & Well-Being
Founded in 1900, the Foundation for Child Development works at the intersection of research, policy, and practice to support young children in reaching their full potential.