We believe that the quality of early care and education and the strongest outcomes for children depend on a competent, appropriately compensated, and supported workforce.
- Advancing the Profession
- Critical Role of Leadership
- Quality of Professional Practice
- Preparation & Continuous Professional Learning
High-quality early care and education comes from intentional alignment and coordination of multiple systems based on research and knowledge of what works.
- Place-Based Approaches
- Birth-through-8 Continuum
- Financing Early Childhood Education
- Family Engagement & Well-Being
Research, policy, and practice — we connect these pieces to help build early childhood systems that enable children to reach their full potential. Founded in 1900, the Foundation for Child Development identifies needs, fills gaps, and integrates knowledge for successful implementation and continuous improvement.