- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.
- Trends in State Funded Preschool Programs: Survey Findings From 2001-2002 to 2011-2012
August 13, 2013
For the last decade, NIEER has tracked the policies of state-funded preschool programs through its State Preschool Yearbook.
- Testing Goes to Preschool
June 17, 2010
Will state and federal testing programs advance the goal of school readiness for all children?
- Reconsidering When Education Begins: What Happens Before Kindergarten Matters
June 14, 2010
The education of American children begins long before they enter a kindergarten classroom.
- Setting a Research Agenda for Prekindergarten: Summary of a Conference Convened in the U.S. Capitol Building
June 14, 2010
In January 2003, Columbia University’s Institute for Child and Family Policy, the National Prekindergarten Center at the University of North Carolina, and the Foundation for Child Development hosted an invitational, half-day conference entitled, Setting a Research Agenda for Prekindergarten.
- Achieving Quality Early Childhood Education for All: Insights from the Policy Innovation Diffusion Research
June 8, 2010
Inadequacies both in the provision and the quality of early childhood education in the United States are well documented.
- Focusing Title I Where It Matters
June 3, 2010
In this essay, Edward Zigler, Sterling Professor of Psychology, Emeritus, at Yale University, proposes that a better, research-based use of Title I funds would be to build on the benefits of quality Prekindergarten by focusing Title I funds on the early elementary grades.