- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- The Current State of Scientific Knowledge on Pre-Kindergarten Effects
May 17, 2017
Policymakers, practitioners, and research scientists are increasingly interested in understanding what we really know about early childhood programs.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.
- Trends in State Funded Preschool Programs: Survey Findings From 2001-2002 to 2011-2012
August 13, 2013
For the last decade, NIEER has tracked the policies of state-funded preschool programs through its State Preschool Yearbook.
- Testing Goes to Preschool
June 17, 2010
Will state and federal testing programs advance the goal of school readiness for all children?
- Reconsidering When Education Begins: What Happens Before Kindergarten Matters
June 14, 2010
The education of American children begins long before they enter a kindergarten classroom.
- Setting a Research Agenda for Prekindergarten: Summary of a Conference Convened in the U.S. Capitol Building
June 14, 2010
In January 2003, Columbia University’s Institute for Child and Family Policy, the National Prekindergarten Center at the University of North Carolina, and the Foundation for Child Development hosted an invitational, half-day conference entitled, Setting a Research Agenda for Prekindergarten.