Effective Systems » Birth-through-8 Continuum »
- A Transformative Vision for the Authentic Inclusion of FCC in Mixed-Delivery Pre-K Systems
January 24, 2023
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Erikson Institute’s Pre-K in Family Child Care Project (PKFCC) promotes opportunities to ensure equitable access to high-quality early learning settings for children and families.
- High-Quality Pre-K can be Further Strengthened With Greater Support for Multilingual Learners
October 4, 2022
New research finds structural supports needed to reinforce teachers’ existing value for multilingual students in New York City Universal Prekindergarten.
- A Time Use Study of Site Support Personnel in NYC’s UPK Program
October 7, 2021
New study highlights the complexity and importance of early childhood education site support personnel in advancing quality program implementation Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) examined the critical role of New York City’s pre-kindergarten (pre-K) site support personnel and what they need to further assist program leaders and educators to provide quality early learning.
- New Bipartisan Policy Center Resources: Strengthening Early Care and Education Systems and Reducing Child Poverty
September 23, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is committed to ensuring that all young children thrive, especially through the promotion of high-quality early care and education systems and the socioeconomic well-being of families.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- The Current State of Scientific Knowledge on Pre-Kindergarten Effects
May 17, 2017
Policymakers, practitioners, and research scientists are increasingly interested in understanding what we really know about early childhood programs.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.