- The Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students (GEEARS)
February 8, 2011
The organization hosted a summit of business and community leaders October 5, 2010 to spark discussion and explicate on the high-dollar return on investment associated with early learning and care.
- PreK-3rd Key Resources
July 14, 2010
This is a collection of PreK-3rd’s key resources broken down by: The Case for PreK-3rd; Financing PreK-3rd; Implementing PreK-3rd; Leadership by Educators; Teacher Preparation/Professional Development; Educating Dual-Language Learner (DLL) Students; Federal Policy; State Policy; School District Policy; Research Basis for PreK-3rd; and, Assessment and Evaluation.
- Building a 21st Century Economy: The Case for Investing in Early Education Reform
June 17, 2010
New America Foundation makes the case for PK-3. This is the first of a series of papers to define a PK-3 agenda in advance of NCLB reauthorization.
- Universal Preschool: Much to Gain but Who Will Pay?
June 11, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development’s Working Paper Series This Working Paper focuses on feasible ways to finance universal pre-school.
- Enriching Children, Enriching the Nation
June 8, 2010
In many states, one of the major barriers to implementing PK-3 is funding Prekindergarten.
- Excerpt from Building Blocks
June 7, 2010
In this excerpt from his book, Building Blocks, Gene Maeroff examines how schools can help children be successful in the early grades.
- Title I and Early Childhood Programs: A Look at Investments in the NCLB Era
June 4, 2010
This paper explores the wide range of ways in which school districts are using Title I funds for early education through Kindergarten and examines how the implementation of NCLB has impacted those investments.
- Continuing the Investment: Top Notch Early Education Must Extent to Third Grade - and Beyond
June 4, 2010
In a Special Report, Life Changes: The Case for Early Investment in Our Kids, The American Prospect highlighted the need to continue the investment in children’s education to support strong Third Grade outcomes.