- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- New York City Early Childhood Research Network Summary
October 18, 2016
This two-page brief explains the formation of the New York City Early Childhood Research Network Summary and current studies examining the early care and education workforce within New York City’s Universal Prekindergarten Program.
- Foundation for Child Development Case Studies
November 29, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development commissions case studies that offer a first-hand account of ground-breaking policy development and practice.
- Taking A Giant Step: A Case Study Of New York City’s Efforts to Implement Universal Prekindergarten Services
June 11, 2010
The paper explores the reasons universal pre-kindergarten was introduced, the goals of former New York City Mayor Ed Koch’s initiative, and the process by which it was implemented.
- Hardship in Many Languages: Immigrant Families and Children in NYC
June 9, 2010
Banish the cliché of the upwardly-mobile immigrant.