- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- New Research on the Early Care and Education Workforce
December 8, 2020
The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced the launch of three new research reports that provide a nationwide analysis of trends, gaps, and opportunities facing early educator preparation programs and state competency and compensation policies.
- A Pivotal Time to Act on Reducing Child Poverty as the Nation Responds to COVID-19
May 5, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action COVID-19 has reminded us that vulnerable populations are disproportionately affected by many challenges, including this crisis.
- Early Childhood Workforce Index — 2018
July 16, 2018
The second edition of this biennial report provides a comprehensive update on the progress made by States to improve Early Care and Education workforce conditions and policies since the inaugural edition in 2016.
- Early Childhood Workforce Index — 2016
October 18, 2016
This full report represents the first effort to establish a baseline description of early childhood employment conditions and policies on a state-by-state basis in order strengthen supports for the early care and education workforce.