- Professionalizing and Investing in the ECE Workforce
September 15, 2022
The National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) is working with state boards of education and other key state policymakers to address issues related to the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- New Research on the History of Racial Inequities in ECE Workforce Compensation, Preparation, and Stability
March 11, 2022
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action As a member of The Early Educator Investment Collaborative, the Foundation is pleased to share the report, Mary Pauper: A Historical Exploration of Early Care and Education Compensation, Policy, and Solutions.
- Teacher Insights on Early Childhood Assessment
March 1, 2022
New research explores teacher perspectives on assessment in early learning and how assessment practice can be strengthened to improve implementation.
- New Bipartisan Policy Center Resources: Strengthening Early Care and Education Systems and Reducing Child Poverty
September 23, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is committed to ensuring that all young children thrive, especially through the promotion of high-quality early care and education systems and the socioeconomic well-being of families.
- Strengthening the Diversity and Quality of the Early Care and Education Workforce
August 10, 2021
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a vital role in promoting young children’s learning, socio-emotional development, and positive child outcomes.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- New Research on the Early Care and Education Workforce
December 8, 2020
The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced the launch of three new research reports that provide a nationwide analysis of trends, gaps, and opportunities facing early educator preparation programs and state competency and compensation policies.