- Effectively Educating Pre-K-3rd English Language Learners (ELLs) in Montgomery County Public Schools
June 30, 2011
Despite rapid growth in its English Language Learner (ELL) population, Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) has been highly effective in improving outcomes for ELL students across the district.
- Foundation for Child Development Case Studies
November 29, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development commissions case studies that offer a first-hand account of ground-breaking policy development and practice.
- Lessons for PreK-3rd from Montgomery County Public Schools
November 18, 2010
Reading achievement in the United States has stagnated.
- Lessons in Early Learning: Building an Integrated PreK-12 System in Montgomery County Public Schools
August 30, 2010
This report by Geoff Marietta provides an overview of how Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) in Maryland developed a successful PreK-12th Grade public education system by using local and federal dollars to craft, implement and improve a system-wide education reform strategy built on a foundation of providing high-quality PreK education.
- Fighting Fade-Out Through Pre-K-3rd Reform
June 1, 2010
The New America Foundation’s Early Education Initiative released a seven-minute video, Fighting Fade-Out Through PreK-3rd Reform.