- Children’s Experience with Parental Employment Insecurity and Family Income Inequality
February 6, 2017
In research commissioned by the Foundation for Child Development — “Children’s Experience with Parental Employment Insecurity and Family Income Inequality” — Donald J. Hernandez and Jeffery S. Naprierala have created the Index of Parental Employment Insecurity to provide a more accurate picture of the economic health of families and to invest in children’s development.
- Military Children and Families
August 18, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 23, Number 2, Fall 2013) seeks to integrate existing knowledge about the children and families of today’s United States military; to identify what we know (and don’t know) about their strengths and the challenges they face, as well as the programs that serve them; to specify directions for future research; and to illuminate the evidence (or lack thereof) behind current and future policies and programs that serve these children and families.
- Exploring Instability and Children’s Well-Being
July 24, 2014
This report from the Urban Institute presents the insights gleaned from a November 2013 convening of policymakers, practitioners, and researchers about the implications of stability and instability for children’s development, as well as what we know, what we need to learn, and what we need to do across research, policy, and practice.
- Helping Parents, Helping Children: Two-Generation Mechanisms
July 16, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 24, Number 1 Spring 2014) assesses past and current two-generation programs.
- Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children
July 9, 2014
Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children is the second in a series of the Foundation for Child Development’s Disparities Among America’s Children reports.
- Multilingual Children: Beyond Myths and Toward Best Practices
February 12, 2014
This Social Policy Report from the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)*, examines how to best support the development and learning of children who are multilingual, and offers recommendations for policy and practice.
- 2013 Child Well-Being Index (CWI)
December 12, 2013
Since 2004, the CWI has been released annually.
- PreK-3rd’s Lasting Architecture: Successfully Serving Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students in Union City, New Jersey
September 12, 2013
Union City Public Schools has overcome the crippling effects of poverty and prejudice to close the achievement gap between its low-income Hispanic students and their wealthier peers across New Jersey.