- A Stronger Safety Net for America’s Children
June 27, 2013
Federal safety net initiatives lift millions of children out of poverty and mitigate the scope and impact of problems ranging from illness to hunger.
- 2012 Child Well-Being Index (CWI)
December 13, 2012
The 2012 Annual Release of the CWI reports that American families’ economic decline preceded the recession, jeopardizing both middle class and low income children.
- Peer Violence Among Teenagers: Trends in Violence and Threats of Violence in Schools: 1991-2010
August 1, 2012
A special Child Well-Being Index (CWI) report from Duke University tracks trends over time in percentages and numbers of middle and high school students exposed to four forms of peer-to-peer adolescent violence in schools, specifically: threat without injury; threat with a weapon without injury; intentional injury without a weapon; and injury with a weapon.
- The Well-Being of America’s Children: Developing and Improving the Child and Youth Well-Being Index
July 30, 2012
This Foundation for Child Development funded volume: Improves the understanding of how the well-being of American’s children can be measured and improved The first book of its kind to address the issue of developing and Improving the Child and Youth Well-Being Index Includes a systematic description and presentation of a unified approach to these topics The volume attests to the evolution of the Child Well-Being Index and asks what it promises for understanding the progress — or lack of progress — in enhancing the life prospects of all American children.
- Analyzing State Differences in Child Well-Being
January 17, 2012
This report uses a broad quality-of-life measure based on 25 indicators of children’s well-being to examine differences in the welfare of children across the United States.
- Investing in Public Programs Matters: How State Policies Impact Children’s Lives
January 17, 2012
Investing in Public Programs Matters: How State Policies Impact Children’s Lives, focuses on the results of the 2012 STATE Child Well-Being Index (CWI) — a comprehensive state-level index of child well-being modeled after the Foundation for Child Development’s NATIONAL CWI. The STATE CWI draws from the most comprehensive set of data used to form a state index of child well-being.
- 2012 STATE Child Well-Being Index (CWI)
January 11, 2012
- Early School Skills and Behaviors: Precursors to Young Adult Crime?
December 22, 2011
We investigate primary school precursors to criminal involvement in early adulthood.