- The Board of the Foundation Announces Upcoming CEO Transition
June 29, 2021
“On behalf of the Board, we are thankful for the dedication of Dr. Jacqueline Jones to the Foundation for Child Development throughout her tenure as President and CEO. It has been an honor to work with Dr. Jones and support her steadfast leadership.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards $10.4 Million in Grants for Early Childhood Teacher Preparation Programs Across the U.S.
June 3, 2021
Six partnerships between institutions of higher education and states or tribal nations will bolster early educator preparation programs, break down systemic barriers to higher education for people of color, and increase financial assistance and compensation for students studying to be early educators.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 13, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2022 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- We Condemn Anti-Asian Violence and Hate
March 23, 2021
The horrifying mass murders that occurred in Atlanta, Georgia last week are a painful reminder of the recent rise in anti-Asian violence in America.
- Peer Interaction has the Power to Strengthen Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
March 9, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New, York, NY — New research by New York University finds that a combination of formal and informal professional development (PD) for early childhood educators has the potential to strengthen New York City’s early care and education (ECE) workforce.
- Research Evidence for Social Justice
January 26, 2021
In 1965, the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. told a crowd in Selma, Alabama that the waiting time for social justice should not be long because “no lie can live forever.” On January 6, 2021, the act of insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, demonstrated that as long as a lie lives, no one is free — not even the men and women of the U.S. Congress.