- Announcing President and Chief Executive Officer Job Opportunity
April 20, 2022
Building on a distinguished 120-year legacy as one of the nation’s oldest private foundations committed solely to the wellbeing of children, the Foundation for Child Development (the Foundation) enhances the lives of children from birth to eight years of age by driving and translating innovative research leading to systemic changes in policy and practice.
- 2023 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 7, 2022
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2023 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- The Foundation for Child Development Announces a New Manager of Finance and Administration and Three New Appointments to Its Board of Directors
January 20, 2022
NEW YORK, NY — The Foundation for Child Development announced that Ryan Carter has been named the new Manager of Finance and Administration.
- Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of Implementation Researchers
November 18, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is excited to announce the release of Getting it Right: The Conversation Guide for Preparing the Next Generation of Implementation Researchers.
- The Board of the Foundation Announces Upcoming CEO Transition
June 29, 2021
“On behalf of the Board, we are thankful for the dedication of Dr. Jacqueline Jones to the Foundation for Child Development throughout her tenure as President and CEO. It has been an honor to work with Dr. Jones and support her steadfast leadership.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards $10.4 Million in Grants for Early Childhood Teacher Preparation Programs Across the U.S.
June 3, 2021
Six partnerships between institutions of higher education and states or tribal nations will bolster early educator preparation programs, break down systemic barriers to higher education for people of color, and increase financial assistance and compensation for students studying to be early educators.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- NEW Research Report from the Early Educator Investment Collaborative COVID-19 Response
May 13, 2021
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and a national and global movement against longstanding systemic racism exposed structural inequities that persist today, particularly for the early care and education (ECE) workforce.