- New Bipartisan Policy Center Resources: Strengthening Early Care and Education Systems and Reducing Child Poverty
September 23, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is committed to ensuring that all young children thrive, especially through the promotion of high-quality early care and education systems and the socioeconomic well-being of families.
- A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade)
July 15, 2021
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) co-authored a new guidebook, Leading Learning Communities: A Principal’s Guide to Early Learning and the Early Grades (Pre-K – 3rd Grade), with the National P – 3 Center at the University of Colorado Denver.
- Timely Resources on the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Early Care and Education
June 10, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The following resources are about the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on early care and education (ECE) programs and young children and their families.
- Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Care and Education
May 20, 2021
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The spring issue of the research journal, Future of Children, entitled “Research-Practice Partnerships to Strengthen Early Education,” details a promising approach to early care and education (ECE) research and practice and demonstrates its potential to improve educational outcomes of young children.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.
- An Essential Guide of COVID-19 Resources
May 19, 2020
The well-being of early care and education (ECE) professionals and those they serve should be at the forefront of the response to COVID-19. The following COVID-19 resources contribute to a shared understanding of how to support the growing economic, health, and social-emotional needs of the ECE workforce and of young children and their families.
- Early Childhood Workforce Index — 2018
July 16, 2018
The second edition of this biennial report provides a comprehensive update on the progress made by States to improve Early Care and Education workforce conditions and policies since the inaugural edition in 2016.
- Transforming the Workforce for Children Birth Through Age Eight: A Unifying Foundation
October 18, 2016
This full report discusses the implications of child developmental science for early care and education professionals in terms of necessary competencies and practices, as well as the systems change needed to better support the preparation, competency, professional development, and compensation for the early care and education workforce.