- Committed to Reform: Preschool Expansion Moves Forward Despite Financial Obstacles
March 31, 2011
For more than a decade New Jersey’s schools have served as a national model for providing high-quality early childhood education programs to thousands of low-income children, including an ambitious plan approved by the Legislature two years ago to reach even more 3- and 4-year-olds by September 2013.
- Latino Legislative Hearing on PreK and the Early Grades
March 24, 2011
The Latino population in the United States is growing at a rapid pace, and the proportion of our nation’s youngest learners who are Latino is increasing even faster.
- PreK-3rd: Principals as Crucial Instructional Leaders
March 23, 2011
Policymakers and educators recognize the critical importance of elementary school principals in leading effective schools to improve student achievement.
- Investing in Our Next Generation: A Funder’s Guide to Addressing the Educational Opportunities and Challenges Facing English Language Learners
March 21, 2011
A Funder’s Guide to Addressing the Educational Opportunities and Challenges Facing English Language Learners Ten percent of elementary school students are English Language Learners (ELLs). They are the most rapidly growing groups in U.S. elementary schools.
- Children in Immigrant Families: Ensuring Opportunity for Every Child in America
March 7, 2011
Children in immigrant families account for nearly one-fourth (24 percent) of all children as of 2010, and the vast majority (88 percent) are U.S. citizens.
- How Are The Kids Doing? How Do We Know?
March 2, 2011
Abstract With a focus on the United States, this paper addresses the basic social indicators question: How are we doing?
- Getting in Sync: Revamping the Preparation of Teachers in Pre-K, Kindergarten and the Early Grades
March 2, 2011
This report highlights problems nationwide with the licensing and preparation of teachers who work with young children in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, first-, second-, and third-grade classrooms.
- The Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students (GEEARS)
February 8, 2011
The organization hosted a summit of business and community leaders October 5, 2010 to spark discussion and explicate on the high-dollar return on investment associated with early learning and care.