- Subprime Learning: Early Education in America Since the Great Recession
July 17, 2014
- Helping Parents, Helping Children: Two-Generation Mechanisms
July 16, 2014
This issue of Future of Children (Volume 24, Number 1 Spring 2014) assesses past and current two-generation programs.
- Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children
July 9, 2014
Mother’s Education and Children’s Outcomes: How Dual-Generation Programs Offer Increased Opportunities for America’s Children is the second in a series of the Foundation for Child Development’s Disparities Among America’s Children reports.
- Multilingual Children: Beyond Myths and Toward Best Practices
February 12, 2014
This Social Policy Report from the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)*, examines how to best support the development and learning of children who are multilingual, and offers recommendations for policy and practice.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.
- Diverse Children: Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration in America’s New Non-Majority Generation
August 26, 2013
There are significant disparities in the education, economic well-being, and health of children in the U.S. based on their race-ethnicity and whether or not their parents are immigrants, according to Diverse Children: Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration in America’s New Non-Majority Generation, the first report ever to draw these comparisons.
- PreK-3rd: Challenging Common Myths About Dual Language Learners, An Update to the Seminal 2008 Report
August 13, 2013
Since 2008, when the first edition of Challenging Common Myths About Young English Language Learners was published, knowledge of how children acquire two languages during the PreKindergarten through Third Grade years and the positive consequences of growing up with more than one language has greatly advanced.
- Trends in State Funded Preschool Programs: Survey Findings From 2001-2002 to 2011-2012
August 13, 2013
For the last decade, NIEER has tracked the policies of state-funded preschool programs through its State Preschool Yearbook.