- Early Learning Instructional Leaders and Strong PreK-3rd Student Assessment Systems: The New Jersey Story
October 4, 2012
This policy brief that outlines the findings of an in depth PreK-3rd assessment training program for school district administrators in New Jersey.
- Building Early Learning Leaders: New Jersey’s PreK-3rd Leadership Training, A Case Study
April 13, 2011
This case study seeks to engage, educate, and support principals and district administrators to be strong leaders for PreK-3rd has been released by Advocates for Children of New Jersey (ACNJ). The study documents how a collaborative group of organizations – ACNJ; the New Jersey Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE); and the New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association (NJPSA) – came together to develop a series of professional development trainings to school district administrators on leading and sustaining comprehensive PreK-3rd reforms.
- PreK-3rd: Principals as Crucial Instructional Leaders
March 23, 2011
Policymakers and educators recognize the critical importance of elementary school principals in leading effective schools to improve student achievement.
- PreK-3rd: How Superintendents Lead Change
September 21, 2010
School districts with integrated PreK to Grade Three systems have demonstrated strong growth in student achievement, a narrowing achievement gap, and significant benefits for English Language Learners.
- Roots of Decline: How Government Policy Has De-Educated Teachers of Young Children
June 18, 2010
Dan Bellm and Marcy Whitebook document how federal policy on child care and early education led to a decline in wages and education among staff in early childhood programs.
- Ready or Not: Leadership Choices in Early Care and Education
June 4, 2010
In their new book, Stacie G. Goffin and Valora Wahsington argue that, after more than a century of evolution, early care and education in the U.S. is in transition.
- What Principals Should Know and Be Able To Do
May 27, 2010
Publication from NAESP’s Leading Early Childhood Learning Communities.