- Transforming the Workforce for Children Birth Through Age Eight: A Unifying Foundation
October 18, 2016
This full report discusses the implications of child developmental science for early care and education professionals in terms of necessary competencies and practices, as well as the systems change needed to better support the preparation, competency, professional development, and compensation for the early care and education workforce.
- Early Learning Instructional Leaders and Strong PreK-3rd Student Assessment Systems: The New Jersey Story
October 4, 2012
This policy brief that outlines the findings of an in depth PreK-3rd assessment training program for school district administrators in New Jersey.
- Building Early Learning Leaders: New Jersey’s PreK-3rd Leadership Training, A Case Study
April 13, 2011
This case study seeks to engage, educate, and support principals and district administrators to be strong leaders for PreK-3rd has been released by Advocates for Children of New Jersey (ACNJ). The study documents how a collaborative group of organizations – ACNJ; the New Jersey Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE); and the New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association (NJPSA) – came together to develop a series of professional development trainings to school district administrators on leading and sustaining comprehensive PreK-3rd reforms.
- PreK-3rd: Principals as Crucial Instructional Leaders
March 23, 2011
Policymakers and educators recognize the critical importance of elementary school principals in leading effective schools to improve student achievement.
- PreK-3rd: How Superintendents Lead Change
September 21, 2010
School districts with integrated PreK to Grade Three systems have demonstrated strong growth in student achievement, a narrowing achievement gap, and significant benefits for English Language Learners.
- Roots of Decline: How Government Policy Has De-Educated Teachers of Young Children
June 18, 2010
Dan Bellm and Marcy Whitebook document how federal policy on child care and early education led to a decline in wages and education among staff in early childhood programs.
- Ready or Not: Leadership Choices in Early Care and Education
June 4, 2010
In their new book, Stacie G. Goffin and Valora Wahsington argue that, after more than a century of evolution, early care and education in the U.S. is in transition.
- What Principals Should Know and Be Able To Do
May 27, 2010
Publication from NAESP’s Leading Early Childhood Learning Communities.